How to become an Associate Member
Why be an Associate Member?
Associate Membership of the PDF Scheme provides organisations and individuals involved in rail demand forecasting with access to the Passenger Demand Forecasting Handbook (PDFH) and other key resources of the Scheme.
Benefits of Associate Membership
- PDF Scheme Associates will receive a licensed copy of the PDFH, which they can use for rail-related projects. As the Handbook develops, Associates will receive updates as they are produced.
- The opportunity to benefit from leading edge economic and strategic rail research, with access to the full reports for all studies commissioned by PDFC. Recent examples include research into the effects on rail demand of new rolling stock, environmental awareness, car parking at stations and ticket gates. All reports are available to download from the Members' secure website.
- The Passenger Demand Forecasting Council (PDFC) runs a rolling programme of strategic research, which ensures that the depth of expertise and intellectual property continue to be increased. Associates will be given the opportunity to bid for future research projects, ensuring that as many interested parties as possible receive the opportunity to offer their experience and skills to the Council.
- Inclusion on our register of PDF Scheme Associates made available to organisations commissioning rail industry research, allowing them to publicise their capabilities and experience. PDFC recognises the expertise existing outside the membership, and uses PDF Scheme Associates to assist in developing research projects - both in terms of scope and methodology.
- Attendance of quarterly Council meetings where results of recent rail demand forecasting research and other relevant research are presented. The meetings also enable Associates to network with a wide range of industry representatives.
- Access to the Periodic Rail Industry Market Report (PRIMR) which is produced in conjunction with ourselves and GBRTT. The report aims to provide a single source version of revenue performance information that can help maintain industry partners in keeping informed of the industry’s latest trends and insight.
Associate Membership period
We anticipate the relationship being long-term, and therefore Associateship will last initially for three years from the date of accession, and Associates will be able to decide whether to pay up-front or on an annual basis. This will give the opportunity to follow projects through from conception to inclusion in the PDFH, and also to allow for good relationships to be built up between Associates, the Council and individual members. Associates will also be able to develop their awareness of opportunities within the wider railway industry.
The charging structure
The membership charges for organisations becoming Associates during the year to 31 March 2023 are as follows:
|Large (15+ full-time equivalent employees)||£5,000 per annum|
|Medium (3-14 FTE employees)||£2,500 per annum|
|Small (1-2 FTE employees)||£750 per annum|
If you are interested in becoming an PDF Scheme Associate member or would like more information about membership please contact Joanne Gomez, Passenger Demand Forecasting Scheme Manger, on 020 3780 4038 or email