Providing strategic direction to the rail freight sector, whilst promoting its benefits to the UK economy.
- To deliver leadership and strategic direction for the rail freight sector
- To establish the industry position on freight issues
- To promote the benefit of rail freight to the UK economy
- Work with the wider industry to promote best practice, deliver efficiency and value for money building on the successful productivity and efficiency gains already delivered by the rail freight industry since 1996
- Continue to champion and promote the Strategic Freight Network by making the case for continuing investment by ensuring the enhancements already delivered are fully exploited.
- Establish a long term framework for charging which enables rail freight to continue to be a sustainable and investable industry; and continue to compete and grow in its wider market
Members of the RDG Freight Group
Chair: Russell Mears (Freightliner)
RDG Lead: Jonathan Chatfield
Members: Debbie Francis (DRS), Elizabeth De Jong (RDG), Femi Ogunbiyi (RDG), Geoff Spencer (DB), Graham Richards (ORR), John Smith (GB Railfreight), Lindsay Durham (Freightliner), Maggie Simpson (RFG), Melissa Smith (DfT), Nigel Jones (DB), Paul McMahon (Network Rail), Paul Prentice (RDG), Stephen Haynes (Colas)