- Biggest shift to rail from other transport of any railway in Europe since 2009
- One of Europe’s busiest railways – punctuality comparable with other countries
- Below-average running costs, train companies returning money to taxpayers
- Britain investing more than any country in Europe to improve rail
Train travellers are snapping up new mobile-friendly eTickets, with more than one million sold in the first six months.
Train travellers who forget to carry Railcards with their discount tickets and end up paying more will be given the chance to claim the money back.
Britain’s rail companies have unveiled plans to run over 6,400 more passenger trains every week by 2021, running to more places more often, creating new opportunities and supporting jobs.
- Train fleet growth fastest for decades
- Government ministers attend roundtable to discuss Brexit with rail industry leaders
- Britain’s railway must lead change, urges industry chief
- HS2 Bill receives Royal Assent - Rail Delivery Group comment