Paul Plummer, Rail Delivery Group (RDG) chief executive, has responded on behalf of RDG train company members to the General Election manifestos published this week.
The railway business is booming, but parts of the industry are also riven by industrial disputes over the wider use of driver-controlled operation. Paul Plummer of the Rail Delivery Group argues that the railway must invest in new technology and also develop new ways of working, to keep up with the soaring demand.
Customers desperately seeking possessions left behind on train journeys can find extra help from a new online lost property service.
- Biggest shift to rail from other transport of any railway in Europe since 2009
- One of Europe’s busiest railways – punctuality comparable with other countries
- Below-average running costs, train companies returning money to taxpayers
- Britain investing more than any country in Europe to improve rail
- Over one million eTickets sold in first six months
- Forgetful Railcard holders get fairer deal with refund offer
- 6,400 extra trains a week to run to more places, more often
- Train fleet growth fastest for decades