Britain’s railway is at a crucial turning point and must lead change to keep growing and improving, a senior industry figure will say today (28 February).
Royal Assent for the HS2 Bill is a major milestone for HS2 and Britain, and will be an important part of a bigger and better railway, Paul Plummer, chief executive of the Rail Delivery Group, has said.
- Biggest shift to rail from other transport of any railway in Europe since 2009
- One of Europe’s busiest railways – punctuality comparable with other countries
- Below-average running costs, train companies returning money to taxpayers
- Britain investing more than any country in Europe to improve rail
Rail companies have today set out a blueprint of Britain’s railway in the digital age as the industry gathers in Birmingham to discuss the current challenges facing the railway – and how technology will help address them.
- Industry sets out vision for future of Scotland's railway
- Rail companies to test radical fare changes for clearer, simpler ticket choices
- Four in five passengers satisfied but more to do to improve services and reliability
- RDG responds to IMechE report on investment in rail capacity