- Biggest shift to rail from other transport of any railway in Europe since 2009
- One of Europe’s busiest railways – punctuality comparable with other countries
- Below-average running costs, train companies returning money to taxpayers
- Britain investing more than any country in Europe to improve rail
Rail companies have today set out a blueprint of Britain’s railway in the digital age as the industry gathers in Birmingham to discuss the current challenges facing the railway – and how technology will help address them.
The rail industry has today published its advice on how the railway can continue to help grow Scotland’s economy and support its communities in the decades ahead.
Radical changes to rail fares that would guarantee customers simpler fares and the best possible deal every time they travel are set to be trialled by train companies.
- Four in five passengers satisfied but more to do to improve services and reliability
- RDG responds to IMechE report on investment in rail capacity
- Transformed finances support investment in better railway
- DfT works with consumer experts and rail industry to help passengers choose the best deal on fares